Last Revision: June 8, 2011
NOTICE AND PURPOSE
ORGANIZATION COLLECTING ALL DATA
When you are on the www.aarmusa.com website and are asked for personal information, you are providing that information to AARM alone, unless specifically stated otherwise.
TYPES OF DATA COLLECTION
AARM collects data from website users in two main ways:
- E-mail sent to AARM from users
- Automated means such as communications protocols and cookies
THE DATA COLLECTED AND HOW IT IS USED
AARM collects information from website users for the following purposes:
- To respond to user inquiries and requests for information. This information includes user demographic and contact data and is used to fulfill the requests for sales literature, collaterals, newsletters, correspondence and specific requests generally related to company, product or service information.
- To engage in communications. Name, address and e-mail information may be collected and stored as part of the transaction history. The majority of the information collected under this category is business contact information. AARM may need to share some of this information with third-parties to accomplish a relevant task.
- To better respond to requests for service or quotes for professional services, AARM may forward contact information to the appropriate AARM associate for follow-up related to your request.
- AARM may be legally required to provide personally identifiable information to comply with legally mandated reporting, disclosure or other legal process requirements. Such disclosure is not subject to opt-out.
- The AARM Internet site may also provide links to non-AARM Internet sites we believe may be of interest to you. These sites are provided as a convenience and are beyond our control. You are strongly advised to check the privacy policies of those sites before providing your personal information.
AARM recognizes that users may not wish to be contacted about new or existing products or services. AARM allows you to opt-out of e-mail marketing that may result from use of the site. These choices may be made from links in email mailings or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and stating your opt-out intention in the subject or body of the email. If you incur any delay or problems in using this opt-out mechanism, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and indicate what problem you have encountered in the body of the message. Your communication will be quickly acted upon. There are a few limited exceptions to the opt-out process. These exceptions include: certain patch, fix and enhancement notifications and certain billing or invoicing notices to select existing customers.
AARM does not share personal information collected from www.aarmusa.com with third-parties except as necessary to carry out our business or as required by law or other legal processes, and we do not sell your personal information. AARM viewers may contact AARM or request information without fear of outside solicitations.
AARM is concerned with the security of the personal data we collect and has put in place reasonable measures to prevent unauthorized access to that information. These measures include policies, procedures, and technical elements relating to data access controls. AARM uses standard security protocols and mechanisms to exchange the transmission of sensitive data. While we make every effort to ensure the security and integrity of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information.
Our goal is to respect your privacy. We welcome comments and questions. To help us improve our privacy policies, provide your feedback. Please contact AARM via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, via telephone at (415) 381-3400 or letter addressed to: Advertising Audit & Risk Management, 38 Miller Ave, #15 Mill Valley, CA 94941, USA.